Saturday, June 28, 2008


So these days are completed filled with endless jobs. Everyone knows I'm "Miss Organized" or "Miss Control Freak", but I have been getting a run for my money lately. It's hard to keep up with everything going on. (Thus the slacking on my part for not writing this post earlier.)

Chris has had some big events the past month. For starters, he is now smiling - and not just when he farts, but when we make funny faces. He has also discovered his hands, and loves to look at them and chew on them. He's hold his head up extremely well, and when he is on his stomach he can hold it up for 3 minutes straight without dropping it. But it does take a lot of work, and he's ready to fall asleep soon after.

Christopher finally met his other grandparents this month. Pat (Nana) and Bob (GranBob) flew into St. Louis on the 11th and came to our home straight away. Christopher coo-ed and ahhh-ed all night long to his Nana. They had wonderful conversations. GranBob had a smile on his face the whole night. He didn't fuss once. He felt very comfortable and stayed in his Nana's arms ninety percent of the time. The night ended too quickly, but it wasn't long before they visited again. He was able to spend most of the 4 days with his grandparents showing them all of his new tricks. Bob had Christopher giggling and smiling for 20 minutes one day.
Eventually Bob and Pat had to return to Atlanta. It was a depressing good-bye, since they live so far away. We're hoping it won't be too long before we see them again. Although, from what Brian tells me - Christopher talks to his Nana on the phone quite often.

In the last month Christopher has received some great new gadgets. Thanks to his Nana, Granbob, and great-gramma Marian, Chris now has an automatic swing, a stationary bouncer, and a Bumbo seat. The swing is just fabulous. Christopher loves it, and falls asleep very easily. Unfortunately, I discovered on the second day that it had a broken base and had to be shipped back. I'm not sure how, but I managed to get the thing taken apart and I shoved it back into it's original box. It was no easy feat, and as I told Brian, if it wasn't broken when we got it, it will be when it gets back to Babies R Us. The new one will arrive on Monday.

He's just a little too young for the other two gadgets, but as soon as he's holding his head up on his own, he'll be able to use them. But at the rate he's growing, that day might come too late. He may grow out of the toys before he can play with them.
We took Chris to his two month check up last week. He weighed in at 14 lbs. 10 oz. That's 4+ pounds in two months. Craziness. He was also lucky enough to receive his first round of immunizations. Boy was that fun. The first two pricks in his leg, he took like a champ. He just looked around like "Did something just happen?" Then when the third and fourth were given he decided he didn't like the game anymore. All of the blood from his body went straight to his head. His head turned as red as a Coca-Cola can. Then came the screams. But as soon as the nurse was done, I picked him up and he settled down. I had to go to work that day, so Brian was sent home with a cranky baby. I believe they finished Star Wars from the previous week.

I guess I failed to mention that I went back to work. (See first day back to work picture above) Two weeks ago my mom came into town to help me out my first week back. She watched Christopher Tuesday through Wednesday. Brian is off on Monday's and I'm working from home on Friday's. Mom was a big help. She watched Christopher during the day, and fixed dinner when we got home. I'm not sure I would have made it through the week without her. Since then Chris has gone to a sitter twice and my aunt has come over once to help us out. It was extremely hard leaving Chris with a sitter. I cried when I left, as we drove to work and for another 20 minutes once I got there. I didn't think I would be so emotional because we absolutely love our sitter. She doesn't live too far from us. She has a wonderful, bubbly personality and she has a three-month-old herself. I know she takes good care of him while we are at work. I get giddy when we go to pick him up. It's like the day will never end and I'll never get to see him. But once it does, I can't get to her house fast enough.
Other than that, we've been busy loading the dishwasher and washing machine everyday. We've been washing bottles and diapers, folding clothes, giving Chris a bath and eating and taking naps when we can. Who knows when we'll get back to renovating the kitchen. With the fear of paint fumes, it may not happen for a while.

I shouldn't complain though. We've been able to get out more than we thought we would. We went to a barbecue with Christopher at our friend's, Heather and Jeremy's, home. My mom stayed an extra night and we went to the movies to see Indiana Jones (don't waste your money by the way). I also went out with my friend Beth last night to see the movie Wanted, and had a great time. And tomorrow we will be seeing lots of family at my cousin Danny's high school graduation party.

Well please enjoy the pictures and hopefully it won't be another month before I post on here. But if it is I'm sure there will be quite a bit to talk about. But then again, when isn't there a lot to talk about?

No comments:

Post a Comment