Friday, February 11, 2011

FYI: Takin Care of Two is Harder than One

I really don't have much time for the blog these days (not that I'm complaining cause I'm doing what I should be doing - taking care of babies instead of playing on the computer). Just thought I'd explain why you're seeing more pictures than anything else lately.

To give you an update, I'm actually going to paste below a copy of an email. I only have time to do one thing on the computer a day, so your gonna get a lazy version of an update. Hope the person I sent this email to doesn't mind that I'm using it for the blog too. Please ignore all the grammar and spelling mistakes. If I don't have time to do this blog, I certainly don't have time for spellcheck.

Dear ******,
I'm glad you like the pictures I sent. Can you believe how much the boys look the same? And yet completely different?

I was just thinking to myself yesterday, that I needed to email you - it's been way too long. Obviously, things are crazy around here these days and I don't have much time to get on the computer. I try to update the blog every other day or so but that's about it. And I usually get that done after all the boys have gone to sleep.

Speaking of sleep - ugh. I'm not getting much of that done either. Brian and I try to switch off on middle of the night feedings for Carter. For some reason the little munchkin goes back to sleep when Brian is done feeding him, but likes to stay awake for me. So by 10 am I'm exhausted.

Christopher is adjusting well I think. Although I've been a little tough on him the past few days - not that he deserves it. I just think that I'm so stressed out that I take things out on him some times. I'm trying to work on that though and I'm trying to relax and go with the flow more.

Yesterday was a toughie. Carter didn't want anything except to be held and that's hard to do when you're trying to take care of a two year old at the same time. I'm finding it difficult to divide my time between the two and keep Christopher feeling like he's just as important. Sadly, I reverted to the "TV babysitter" today and I've let Christopher watch as much Mickey Mouse and Sesame Street as he's wanted. I normally limit his TV, but I think I'm just so tired from yesterday that I haven't cared much today.

You would think after already having raised an infant that I would know what I'm doing, but I don't. I forgot to "cover up" Carter yesterday while I was changing him and he peed on himself. Hit himself in the eye to be more exact. I even discovered urine in his ear. I felt horrible. After I finished changing his clothes he decided to poo in the clean diaper - so I promptly changed it again. Only to find out that he wasn't finished. Yes - I was pooped on.

After that, I broke good serving dish in the kitchen (while trying to put it away with a baby in my arms) and had to call Brian to come home from work so that I could clean up the glass - which I couldn't do because Carter wouldn't let me put him down.

I would like to say that things were better today, which I guess they were - Carter has been a lot less fussy - but I did have to call Brian home again today because the 3 inches of ice on our roof and clogged in our gutters created a waterfall in the sun room when everything else started to melt. So my afternoon has been spent peeking out the back door to see if the house has caught on fire from the kerosene heater we are using to dry out the sun room.

I can just imagine what the neighbors would say if they saw me running out the front door of a burning house carrying a toddler under one arm, a three week old under the other. Especially since I'm wearing my ever so flattering sweatpants, tank top and flannel shirt that has 15 different colored stains on it. But I can at least say that I brushed my teeth and hair today for the first time in 2 days. So that's something, right?

Well, it's time to make Christopher's dinner and I hear a baby stirring.  I'll try and send you a picture from my phone in a little bit. It's very cute.

I hope things are going well with you - I hear you've been getting a lot of snow? And I hope to be back on here emailing you more soon.

Love you bunches,

No comments:

Post a Comment